COVID-19 Safety Precautions
To ensure the safety of our staff and patients during this pandemic we have implemented some new precautions and procedures at Horizon EyeCare.
Please review the following as you prepare for your visit:
- If within 30 days or less you have been exposed to someone with the virus or you have tested positive, please contact us. We are taking extra precautions and require a 2-week minimum after quarantine to be seen at our clinic.
- We ask that no food or beverages are brought in the clinic with you to your appointment.
- If you are ill, have signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone with the virus, you will be asked to reschedule your exam.
- Please text or call our office (text is preferred) when you have arrived for your scheduled appointment at 507-451-3072. (If you arrive early, you will receive instructions on when it is ok to come into the clinic)
- We ask that you come to your appointment alone unless a parent or guardian is absolutely needed to be with you. All other companions or fellow family members will be asked to remain outside the facility.
- Anyone entering the clinic must wear a mask. Our clinic has a limited supply of masks for our employees. If you have no way of obtaining a mask, please contact us before your appointment for further arrangements.
- Everyone who enters the clinic will have their temperature taken with a touchless thermometer. If your temperature is over 100.4 you will be asked to leave and reschedule your appointment.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands as you enter the clinic as recommended by the CDC.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, if we cannot observe social distancing due to the number of other patients in the building, you may be asked to wait outside or in your vehicle until social distancing can be observed.
- We ask that you maintain 6ft of social distancing as much as possible during your time in the clinic. At times you may be told where to stand or sit by staff members as you are guided through the clinic. We ask that you follow these instructions as directed.
- We ask that you recognize that the longer the time a person is face-to-face with another person it increases the risk of an asymptomatic individual with COVID-19 infecting someone else, therefore, your time in the clinic will be very directed and focused.
- In our optical we ask that you do not try on frames unless accompanied by an optician. All of our frames will be sterilized after anyone has been in contact with them.
- If you are a New Patient to our office or we need updated information you will be asked to fill out our patient history form. Click here for this form. Please print it out so you can complete it ahead of your visit, and bring it with you to your appointment.
- We are limiting the use of our restroom and ask that it be used only if absolutely necessary
- Our doors will remain locked. Entrance into the clinic is currently by appointment only for ALL Services (This includes glasses purchases, pick up, repairs, and adjustments.)
- All staff will wear masks while in the clinic.
- Our staff will wash their hands for 20 seconds or use appropriate hand sanitizer after every patient encounter.
- There will be an effort by our staff to gain necessary information for and during your exam while social distancing. This may involve using the phone or intercom to ask questions that are relevant to your visit.
- We will use curbside delivery for any contact lenses pick up or any other products if it is possible.
- We may have limited staff to allow for staff to quarantine if needed to reduce any possible exposure.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this time. We will continue to monitor CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of our practice and make changes as appropriate.